And yet another dessert for breakfast idea. I’m starting to see a new theme here. Maybe I should just rename this site DessertForBreakfastorBust. I did read an article recently that talked about how you should eat your dessert during the day as opposed to at night. So, here we go, we’re in line with the health advice of the day which I’m sure will be completely different in a year or two – then they’ll be telling us research shows we should be having our dessert at midnight. :-p Really, we shouldn’t be eating dessert, but that’s not realistic.. And I’ve done my own research which proves that eating dessert is actually a mood lifter and gives you more energy and motivation to do some renovation – when you tell yourself if you just finish painting a room – you can have a danish, etc.. One danish per room is REALLY motivating. :-p
Mini Cream Cheese Danishes
• 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
• 8 ounces soft cream cheese
• 1/2 cup sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla
• 1 can cherry or blueberry pie filling
• ⅓ cup powdered sugar
• 2 tsp. milk
1. Open container of rolls and do no unroll them. Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut through them like slice/bake cookies. Make 10 slices.
2. Lay each slice on a cookie sheet. (You can put wax paper down if you want – I didn’t)
3. Use a measuring cup to flatten each roll out and build a small wall around the edge.
1. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
2. Drop a small amount into each “danish.”
3. Add a teaspoonful of cherries or blueberries.
4. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
5. Let cool and add a drizzle of glaze. (I actually didn’t do the glaze part because I’m lazy – tastes good either way..)
1. Combine milk and sugar and drizzle on danishes. Can use a pastry bag, if desired.